Site Network: Personal | My Company | Artist projects | Shop

 

Spiderman III ,Transformers teaser,Ghost Rider Trailer Available to Download In Trailer Section



Brandon Routh Talks About Superman Returns



Routh Attends a Special Superman Event to Aid the Christopher Reeve Foundation

Superman Returns star Brandon Routh joined his co-star Kate Bosworth at the Beverly Hills boutique, Kitson, to help launch the new line of Superman Returns merchandise which includes Superman and Lois Lane dolls, Superman Returns apparel, and accessories

The special invitation-only event was much more than just a photo op for the upcoming Superman Returns film. 25 sets of the Superman Returns Superman and Lois Lane dolls were autographed by Routh and Bosworth, with two sets designated for a silent auction at Kitson's and 23 going up for bid on eBay. 100% of the proceeds from both auctions will be donated to the Christopher Reeve Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding treatments and cures for spinal cord injury.

Before taking part in the charity event at Kitson, Routh spent a few minutes talking about Superman Returns and tackling the role of the iconic superhero:

Putting on the Superman Costume for the First Time:"The first time I wore the suit was really kind of nerve-wracking because there were a lot of people watching me and I hadn't worked out for the film yet," said Routh. "I kind of would have liked to have done it alone in my own room." Unfortunately Routh didn't get his way and instead had to try on the suit in front of a small crowd. "About 10 people watching. [They were] all kind of watching and taking notes. It was a little bit nerve-wracking."
Soon after trying on the costume Routh got serious about preparing for the role. "The first two to three months I was working out about two and a half to three hours a day. Lifting weights, doing rope yoga - my first trainer designed this method of working out. That was the bulk of it. Eating healthy but well."


Taking on Such a Beloved Character:"It was very exciting and challenging. I learned a lot from it." Routh explained what inspired his interpretation of the character: "It's from my vision of the character and how I see Superman and what I want out of Superman. But also it's everything thats come before me. It's George Reeves, it's Kirk Alyn, it's Christopher Reeve. The cartoons, the image, how society views Superman, how everybody feels about it. All of that wrapped up into my interpretation of it."(more)

posted by Evil @ 11:05 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Links

Celeb Spot
Celeb 4 Life
Toxic

Sponsors


Subscribers


Best Browser