Site Network: Personal | My Company | Artist projects | Shop

 

Spiderman III ,Transformers teaser,Ghost Rider Trailer Available to Download In Trailer Section



“V for Vendetta” Review Entertains



by:
I would like to thank the New University for publishing Ricky Achiro’s review of “V for Vendetta,” in the April 3 edition, entitled “Vendetta Provokes Irresponsibly.” It provided me the finest comedic relief I’ve had for some time. The review, a howler, nuttier by the paragraph, proved funnier than any parody.

I love that Achiro quotes himself at length.

I love the paean to Margaret Thatcher’s treatment of Britain’s economy, its corroded labor markets and educational divestiture.

I love the “ultraliberal” epithet, as if it carried the cultural baggage of “fascist” or “mass murderer” or, better yet, “child molester.”

I love the slapstick bungle in treating the Wachowski brothers’ anti- Bush conceit as an al-Qaida communiqué. Surely he doesn’t mean that if you’re against Bush you must be for the terrorists?

I love that Achiro assures us his “double standard” doesn’t extend to Larry Wachowski’s sexuality. Whew, I was worried there for a second, though I kind of wonder why Achiro would bring it up in the first place.

The review ends with a tortured defense of censorship in the name of protecting those whom Achiro claims are less-informed. In a newspaper, for God’s sake. That’s just golden.

I mean, you gotta admit, really, that one just put Achiro over the top. I heartily endorse Achiro’s work and look forward to more reviews.

posted by Evil @ 11:31 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Links

Celeb Spot
Celeb 4 Life
Toxic

Sponsors


Subscribers


Best Browser